Thursday, February 14, 2013

No more flakes

Can it be?

For the last couple of weeks I have been 'not' noticing something that used to bother me a lot.  No more white flakes on my sweaters. In the past I've tried various natural solutions to get rid of them including rinsing with vinegar after shampooing, but nothing seemed to get rid of them for very long, especially in the winter when it usually seemed worse.  But for a few weeks now I have not needed to brush dandruff off why shoulders, and it's winter.  Something is working, but what?

I am embarrassed to admit that it took me over a week to clue in.  The only thing that has changed is that we are now gluten/wheat free. So of course I had to do a little research.  Is this even possible?

Yes, yes it is possible.

Healthy diet tips and sample menu for dandruff - http://www.dermaharmony.com/dandruff/antidandruffdiettips-samplemenu.aspx

Well at least I wasn't suffering from some of the other skin and hair issues that can be caused by a gluten intolerance, such as alopecia or eczema, but if you are unfortunate and experience these maybe you should consider giving gluten free a try.

Some other skin conditions linked to gluten intolerance include acne, rosacea, psoriasis and panacea.

No comments:

Post a Comment