Friday, February 8, 2013

Impromptu Meal Planning

Just got back from grocery shopping. I seriously just went in for chicken and cheese, but while I was there I planned out meals for the next week and bought everything we needed (I hope).

Fresh cod with roasted potatoes and a salad made with fresh fennel, blood oranges and pomegranate. 

Pizza with pesto, chicken, roasted red peppers, red onions with a green salad

Frittata with mushrooms, onions and fresh thyme. Also with a green salad. 

Pot roast with carrots, onions, rutabagas, potatoes and fresh herbs (in the slow cooker). Possibly with a side of roasted broccoli since I have some and I have to use it somewhere. 

Snacks - GF corn chips with salsa, GF hummus with fresh veggies, GF crackers with cheese, Organic Greek yogurt and of course various nuts. 

All gluten and wheat free.  

Usually I like to plan my meals at home, create a shopping list and then go to the grocery store.  This was completely backwards for me and I was worried that I would end up buying too much food.  I think I did OK, but still prefer my usual method.

I will post recipes once I have created them and had a chance to taste them.  Don't want to share anything that I don't like the taste of. 

1 comment:

  1. Just like the classic joke. "I only went in for a toilet brush...and I forgot the brush."

    ReplyDelete