Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Celebrate the little victories

This afternoon I went in to the office for a meeting and to catch up with my co-workers.  The meeting was rather long and at the end they pulled out an ice cream cake. It was soooooo tempting.  But I sat there and thought to myself, "Self, will eating a piece of cake bring me closer to, or further away from, my goals?".

It was a snickers ice cream cake.  Did I mention it was really tempting?

While everyone else was having ice cream cake I enjoyed a small serving or unsalted, roasted almonds that I had packed and brought with me to have as an afternoon snack.  I am so proud of myself. I mean, come one, it was snickers ice cream cake.

Yay me! The ice cream cake not only had gluten in it, but it was also a very high calorie, low nutrition food.

Small victory.  It's only day 2 of our gluten free challenge, but if I can stay this strong for the 30 days my small victories will turn into big victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment