Thursday, May 16, 2013

Almost 40

Tomorrow I will officially be 40 years old.  I am excited to see what this next decade will bring.  I have an amazing life and the last decade is what made it so amazing,  I can only image with this next decade will bring.

This evening I went to buy a bottle of wine.  A nice cab.  And I was carded.  Wow!  I felt awesome until the 20 something girl behind the cash qualifies that she has to ask everyone that looks under 50.  Crush.

So I handed her my driver's license.  She apologized profusely. And I am now wondering what is wrong with society that they take such objections with being asked for ID that this poor girl feels guilty that she asked for mine. Sigh!

She types in my birthday into the computer and I am approved to buy my wine. Sweet!  But I could tell that she had no idea of my age.  Math doesn't seem to be a strong quality in many of the younger generations, sadly.  Computers must have made math unnecessary. There are now calculators on everything from watches to cell phones.  No one needs to actually know math any more. SAD.

I commented that I felt better about being carded before I knew she had to card everyone that looked under 50.  I slipped in there that I will be 40 tomorrow.

NO WAY! Is the reaction I got.  You don't look 40.  WOW!

This is a big complement from a 20 something.  Remember how you felt about 40 year olds when you were 20? Yeah, I do.  I thought 40 was ancient.  So being carded made my day.  I don't look any where near 40.

My secret....I have no idea, but I am willing to bet it has something to with laughing a lot, playing a lot and loving a lot. I don't have time for grudges. I don't care about what the neighbors have and I am not worried about how I compare to the Jones'.  All I care about is being able to make others smile and being able to laugh.

Yes, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment